Mutual of Omaha & COVID-19
--Update as of 3/25/2020--
Important information about the steps we’re taking regarding coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Mutual of Omaha, we exist for our customers. That's why we want you to know that we're closely monitoring the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and taking precautionary measures to promote the health and safety of our customers and associates.
We want to take this opportunity to share how we’re responding to this situation:
- Mutual of Omaha has a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts meeting daily to closely monitor, assess and respond to the coronavirus situation as it develops.
- Mutual of Omaha remains committed to providing superior service to our policyholders and we are taking active steps to prevent any interruption in our business processes.
- If you have any questions regarding your insurance policy, we encourage you to access your account from home 24/7 using our online portal, Customer Access, or our automated phone system (800-775-6000) to view policy information, update payment/billing information and more.
- Group Insurance policyholders who have registered online can access their account using the Employer Access portal.
- Providers are asked to visit Provider Access.
- Please note that out of an abundance of caution, Mutual of Omaha is practicing social distancing and has asked all associates who are able, to work from home. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we take steps to protect the health and safety of our associates and ensure uninterrupted service to our customers.
- As additional information for our Medicare supplement customers, please be advised of the following:
- Should your doctor or medical provider determine you need to be tested, your Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) will cover the test. To learn more, visit Medicare.gov.
- Your Medicare supplement plan covers foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits); the plan is the same as stated in your policy.
- Be assured that we continue to pay claims without disruption, which allows you to remain focused on your health.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our customers and associates as needs arise. For ongoing updates, please stay tuned to mutualofomaha.com.
For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at cdc.gov or your local health department website.
Thank you for your trust in Mutual of Omaha. We value your relationship and are here to serve you.
Click this link https://www.mutualofomaha.com/legal-services/coronavirus-information to be taken directly to MOO's COVID response page.